Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Deep Throat. Yes, Deep Throat.

Companies are getting all sexy with their names of products. It all kind of cracks me up and I felt like sharing a few with you.
I could be wrong but I think it all started with Nars. I can just see the board room filled with men in suits discussing how to increase sales. Fred in product development said "Let's call one of our blushes something sexy like "Orgasm." "Hmmm...."says Bob director of sales "Ya, what color would that be? " Sam the sandwich guy who happens to be in the room says "It should be peachy pink with shimmer". "Yes! They all say in unison.
They were right. It sold well.
Now they have "Super Orgasm" a peachy pink with GOLD glitter. I guess the gold is the super part.
There's also "Deep Throat". I'm not kidding. They called a blush "Deep Throat". What color do you make a blush called "Deep Throat"? It's peach with shimmer. I don't get it. Shouldn't it be red? Or at least pink? Shouldn't you get an extra something with it? Haven't they seen the movie?
Pervy names were a big hit so they added an "Orgasm" to their nail color line too.
"Orgasm", "Super Orgasm", "Deep Throat"

"Orgasm"

Moving on. Urban Decay. Those nutty characters at Urban Decay. I've actually always loved their names of colors over there. "ABC gum" (Already Been Chewed) and "Smog" are too of my favs.
How awesome are the "Naked" Palettes? You know they are so happy with the results of THAT genius marketing idea. Selling like hot cakes. So naughty.
Naked, Naked 2 by Urban Decay
Not to be outdone NYX has the 'butt "Naked" eyes' kit. It comes with lots of good eyeshadows, blushes, highlighters and even a bronzer. But why use the word "Butt"? Aren't I suppose to put this on my face?
NYX butt "naked" eyes
Listen, I'm not saying these products aren't good. In fact, I use them all. They actually gave me a good idea. I'm thinking instead of calling my The Kim Greene Line cosmetic bags "The Premier" and "The Essential" I should call them "The Debbie Does Dallas Premier Bag" and "The BJ Essential". What do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. Love your comments on product names...some of the color names can be slightly amusing. The rest repulsive. Thanks for no doing it to your own line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your commentary. I bet there was a lot of laughter in the think tank...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about "butt" naked palette. Beautiful colors, great price- but I don't want to have something on my face with the word butt on it.

    ReplyDelete