Friday, June 1, 2012

What do you do on Sundays to Relax?

What do you do on Sundays to relax? One of my favorite ways to chill out is to shop. I always feel better after an afternoon of hard core "Relax Shopping" at the mall. And of course as a makeup artist and blogger the top of my list of shopping favs is for makeup. I found a few great products to tell you about!
I was in Dillards and came across Napoleon Perdis. I hadn't tried their products before and gleefully grabbed some testers. Picture me saddled up to the store's giant magnifying mirror as I meticulously try out different products. I never mention that I am a makeup artist in the film industry because it leads t way too many questions and I lose focus on my mission. Which is to relax and zone out in makeup land. They finally tire of asking me if I need any help and I'm alone to explore and test products. 
"Yikes!"
What did I find? Well first of all that a 20X magnifying mirror is terrifying and I needed to pluck my eyebrows badly. Anyway, I digress. 
I started off by trying Napoleon Perdis China Doll foundation. I tried it on one side of my face without their primer and on one side with it. The primer side won. Since I could see so well with the "crazy making mirror" I found that with the primer it went on smoothly and didn't get caught in the pores. I liked how it looked too. I see why they call it China Doll. It has a good deal of coverage but doesn't look caky or overdone. It dries completely and looked like I had softly powdered my face. I actually had a lot of red in my skin from being in the sun and it canceled it out completely without looking like a mask. It comes in a good range of colors. I also like that it has 15 spf and healthy stuff like antioxidants added to the formula. 
I also tried their Sheer Genius liquid foundation. I liked that too. I was feeling calmer already! It's really pretty. It has a much lighter coverage than the China Doll. It would be perfect on a good skin day. The packaging says it minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles but I didn't notice that on trying it on once. Maybe it takes a few days of using it. I ended up buying the China Doll but may go back and get the Sheer Genius. I think I was swayed by my sunburned face. Not really fair to the Sheer Genius which didn't cancel it out as well.
So as I was about to ring up my new foundation I saw out of the corner of my eye Anastasia's display. I love her products and thought I'de take a gander. So glad I did. I'm not sure how long this has been on the market but it's new to me. She has these great eyebrow pens called Long wearing brow tint.
They come in two shades. Universal light and Universal dark. It has a tip like an eyeliner pen but the color is soft and you can use it to fill in on the skin or actually color the brow hairs. It's long lasting but comes off with soap and water. Fun choice for filling in or coloring eyebrows.
Those are my top choices for last sundays relax and shop day. Don't tell my husband but I also got an adorable Kate Spade purse with a chain strap and two sundresses. What?! He has football. I have the mall. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and informative. All the products were new
    to me. Think I will try them.

    ReplyDelete