Friday, April 8, 2011

Why?

I know that makeup is a large part of my life. I put it on faces for a living, make bags to put it in, blog & tweet about it. I pretty much love all things makeup. But why? And why does it seem a whole lot of other folks do too?
Makeup has been, and is, part of all of our lives.
Whether you are a professional artist or not, makeup is a way to be creative and artistic.
It can be a way to express your inner self or feelings.
"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. -artist Georgia O-Keeffe

For others makeup conceals, hides imperfections and boosts self esteem.


Makeup connects people with their heritage. It unites & celebrates.


Makeup can help a person "become" another person.
"A Clown's makeup and character, that's all he has to sell. He loves and believes in that character. " Emmett Kelly"
For some putting on makeup is a way to relax or a time to prepare.

For many it's a way to enhance what is already beautiful about us and to feel good.


"I love the confidence that makeup gives me." Tyra Banks

"When you look mahvelous, you feel mahvelous." Billy Crystal


Why do you love makeup? 


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a great post! I love it because it is so fun to paint on a 3-d surface and the amazing connection you can make with someone while working on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Erin Wooldridge is a good friend & has her own blog called Pro Makeup Tips.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your make up tips are brilliant! It's so lovely seeing your work, also. I've been looking at your portfolio which is stunning. Do you have any pictures to display of your work on '17 Again'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your question fdf92.
    I'm planning on doing a monthly post called something like "Borrow this Look" or "Building Character" where I'll tell you guys what makeups I used on a specific character from a film or tv show. I'll definitely do one about "17 Again" for you. I'll add pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to log in via AIM and it allocated me a strange chain of letters and numbers. Weird, huh! Thank you so much, I can't wait to read and see your input! I saw the one's here: http://thekimgreeneline.com/about_us.html But they're real small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,

    Your blog is most excellent! Thanks for letting us peek inside your world (and your kit)!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Melissa! I really like your blog too. In case anyone wants to check it out. http://www.epicmakeupblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete